We approve new members once per month at our Board of Directors meetings. Membership dues are prorated based on the month your membership begins. Membership Fee Grid (2018-2019)
There are lots of benefits to you as a member of the CHBA-VI. There are also many opportunities to network and to get involved in different activities, events, education & training and awards programs – including the VIBE Awards (Vancouver Island Building Excellence). Visit the Benefits page for more information.
You can also check out all CHBA education opportunities on the CHBA BC provincial website at www.chbabc.org or for more info on the CHBA who we are and what we do for you & the industry go to www.chba.ca.
By submitting this online Application, you are applying for membership in the Canadian Home Builders’ Association – Vancouver Island which is affiliated with the Canadian Home Builders’ Association and the Canadian Home Builders’ Association of BC.
By submitting this application, you are agreeing to abide by the following Membership Code of Ethics:
• Comply with the National Building Code of Canada as the minimum standard for construction and shall work toward its improvement in the interest of structural safety, sufficiency, and health.
• Plan their sites and homes to conform to the principles of good community planning.
• Deal justly with their employees, subcontractors, and suppliers.
• Deal honestly and fairly with their customers.
• Cooperate to extend the effectiveness of the Association by exchanging information and experience, and encourage research on materials and techniques in order to provide the best value for their customers.
• Uphold the principle of appropriate and adequate compensation for the services which they render.
• Avoid all conduct or practice detrimental to the house building industry, to the Association, to the good name or reputation of any of its members, or to customers.
These responsibilities are freely and solemnly assumed as the form part of an obligation as Members of the Canadian Homebuilders’ Association of Vancouver Island (VI).
The Canadian Home Builders’ Association – Vancouver Island (CHBA-VI) may obtain information about this applicant from any credit bureau or any other person in connection with any of my dealings with them. The CHBA – VI may disclose (automatically or upon request) credit information about me to others if the CHBA-VI believes such disclosure is required by law. By submitting this application, you consent to any of the attached references being contacted.
In the interest of promoting the “professionalism” of our industry, all applicants must be engaged in activities connected with the Building Industry.
Upon acceptance of this application, you will abide by the rules and regulations of the Canadian Home Builders’ Association – Vancouver Island (VI) and the Code of Ethics of the Canadian Home Builders’ Association. You pledge your support and promise to promote the activities of the Association for the general good of the residential construction industry and the members of the Association.
You will use or display the Association logo in connection with your business only while you are a member of the Association in good standing. You also agree that the ownership of the logo and other related materials remain with the association and that you will cease to display them should you cease to be a member.