THE MANY BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP!
Membership has many benefits and privileges plus opportunities for networking, education, recognition, entertainment & events. Contact us for more information on any of the items listed below.
Member Deal$ and Discount$
Take advantage of these deals offered by CHBA-VI members to CHBA-VI members. Ask at local companies if they have a deal for members!
NETWORKING & CONTACTS
Meet Vancouver Island contractors, sub-trades, suppliers and service professionals.
- SIX GENERAL MEMBERSHIP DINNER MEETINGS ANNUALLY – Build relationships with builders, suppliers and related professionals by attending the six monthly member dinner meetings. Each evening includes industry updates, relevant speakers and a fantastic feast.
- ONLINE MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY – Member companies receive one free listing under the category of your choice, as well as the opportunity to be listed under additional headings. As a current member in good standing, you are also invited to take advantage of one of the many CHBA-VI website advertising options for a nominal rate to further increase your exposure.
- AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE – Members are eligible to enter the local VIBE Awards, Provincial Georgie Awards as well as the CHBA National Awards for Housing Excellence. Winning a home builder award lends great credibility and profile to your business and is a terrific marketing tool.
- LEADERSHIP PERSONAL GROWTH & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – Every member has the opportunity to get involved, chair a committee or run for a Board Director position at the local, provincial or national level. The experience and connections made while in these positions are invaluable and are reflected in the success of your business.
Find out what is happening with the industry as it happens. Regular newsletters, e-mail communications, Tweets & Facebook updates from the main office keep you up to date on news pertaining to the building industry including education and regulatory communiqués.
- EDUCATION & TRAINING – All licensed general contractors are now required to take Continuing Professional Development in areas related to the residential construction industry as a condition of renewing their licence each year. CHBA-VI is an approved training provider by the Licensing and Consumer Services branch of BC Housing. We also offer courses <link to Courses page> which lead to the Certified Residential Builder (CRB), Registered Housing Professional (RHP), and are made available regularly in order for our members to upgrade their skills and set themselves apart from the competition.
- WEBSITE – Current news & events relevant to your business are posted regularly on the CHBA-VI website. In addition, your company and contact information is listed on the CHBA-VI website, the provincial website (www.chbabc.org) and the national website (www.chba.ca). All of these websites are used as a go-to resource for consumers to find reputable professionals in their new locations when they are planning a move.
- SOCIAL MEDIA – The CHBA-VI believes in on-line “constructive conversation”. We share current industry and member news on our social media including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Houzz.
- ANNUAL BUILDING CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY FORUM – CHBA-VI partners with the City of Nanaimo to offer its members and the business community an opportunity to kick off the year in January with reports from a variety of popular industry-related speakers. Members of the business community are also invited to attend, space permitting.
- STANDARD CONTRACT DOCUMENTS & PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS – Professional contract documents are available for a nominal cost to the CHBA members. Contact us for more information.
SAVE MONEY & MAKE MONEY!
- MEMBER REFERRALS – The CHBA-VI office is often contacted by consumers asking for a home builder or member trades person. We are quick to refer local members through our website as their go-to shopping guide!
- MEMBER DEAL$ & DI$COUNT$ – CHBA-VI offers a Member Advantage Program that allows member companies to offer significant savings and discounts to other member companies and their employees.
- AFFINITY PROGRAMS – Members of CHBA-VI are eligible for preferred rates and discounts on vehicle gas, business products and group insurance. We have partnered with Western Financial Group to offer a MEMBERS ONLY Insurance & Benefits Plan. This program will offer cost savings for member companies that may even cover the cost of your membership!
- REDUCED RATE ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES – CHBA-VI runs regular advertising spreads in the local newspapers and Radio and through bulk purchasing can pass advertising savings on to our members.
Participate in the collective CHBA power of municipal, regional, provincial and federal lobbying and planning in the housing industry.
- PROVINCIAL AND NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP INCLUDED WITH YOUR LOCAL MEMBERSHIP – Membership with the CHBA-VI includes membership in the CHBA-BC, the provincial organization that advocates for industry regarding appropriate education, training and the elimination of the underground home builders who jeopardize the whole industry. Membership also includes membership in the CHBA, the national body that lobbies the federal government on issues relevant to the home building industry. These groups are well respected and influential with elected officials in advocating on behalf of the Home Building Industry.
- ADVOCACY – CHBA-VI is the “Voice of the Residential Construction Industry” for Vancouver Island and is often consulted by municipal departments and media regarding residential building topics and issues.
- CREDIBILITY – CHBA-VI members are perceived by the public to be professional, experienced, reliable builders and trades people. The voluntary CHBA Code of Ethics is promoted to the public and members are held to the same high ethical aspirations. Members in good standing are authorized and encouraged to use the nationally recognized CHBA logo on business cards, advertising and signage.
ENTERTAINMENT & EVENTS
- ANNUAL BUILIDNG INDUSTRY CONSTRUCTION FORUM – Co-hosted by the City of Nanaimo and open to all members of the local building construction industry.
- ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT – An annual golf tournament for the benefit of its current and future members, their colleagues, clients, and guests.
- ANNUAL AUCTION & HOLIDAY CELEBRATION – A festive Holiday Celebration and dinner for members, their employees and friends! This event is always well attended and entertaining!
- ANNUAL VIBE AWARDS – An Island-wide awards program showcasing the best of the Vancouver Island Residential Construction Industry.